What information do we collect?
As part of the process of registering for an event, ticket buyers, or attendees, must agree to volunteer some information about themselves. This information may include name, email address, mailing address, phone, as well as other information required to complete the registration process. In the case your information is processed by PieTix on behalf of a client, personally identifiable information such as name, address, email address, and phone number may be processed at the sole discretion of the PieTix client based upon the services subscribed to by the client.
In addition to information volunteered by users, PieTix collects additional information about user behavior on PieTix properties. This information includes IP addresses, approximate geographic regions, browsers, operating systems, and other device characteristics.
PieTix does not knowingly collect personal information on children under the age of 15. PieTix Terms of Service prohibits children under the age of 15 from submitting personal information to PieTix. If you believe data has been collected about a child under 15 years of age, please notify [email protected].
Why do we collect this information and how do we use it?
First and foremost, information is collected to help us deliver the highest level of service to our users. Here are some of the specific ways in which we accomplish that:
- Use for Specific Purpose: Information provided for a specific purpose will be used for that purpose. Most commonly, this applies to information provided during the registration process, which will be used to fulfill your request to attend an event (for example, processing payments).
- Communication: PieTix and event organizers may use the information you provide to communicate with you. Often, this communication channel exists to share important information, such as cancellation warnings, about the events you are attending. PieTix and event organizers may also contact you to promote related events and other information. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time, either during the checkout process or later in your account settings.
- PieTix's Business: In order to continuously improve the product and the Service, we will use information provided to measure the performance of the Service to understand the ways in which our services are being utilized. Information can also be used for PieTix's business, including but not limited to fraud prevention, business performance, and customer and market analysis.
- Event Organizers' Business: Some information will be shared with event organizers for business purposes, including but not limited to event access control, marketing and communication with attendees, and customer and market analysis.
- Personalization: PieTix may use the information provided to deliver more personalized services, including but not limited to advertisements, local event recommendations, and content.
The basis for PieTix processing this information can be for one of the following reasons:
- Consent: You have given us specific consent to process your data by accepting our terms of service.
- Contract: You have entered into a contract with PieTix and we are processing the data to fulfill the duties of that contract.
- Legitimate Interest: PieTix and event organizers using PieTix have a legitimate interest to collect and process that data. Most often these interests are related to the logistics or security for an event you are affiliated with.
How is this information shared?
PieTix may share your information with other parties in limited circumstances:
- Event Organizers: When you purchase a ticket or register as an attendee for an event, we will share your information and associated analytics with the organizer of that event.
- Vendors, Consultants, Service Providers: PieTix works with vendors, consultants and service providers to perform business-related functions. These engagements can include payment processing, risk management services, analytics services, marketing services, software consultation, and others. During these engagements, we may need to share information provided in order to perform business-related functions. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, pursuant to written instructions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements, and are not allowed to use the PI they receive from us for any other purpose.
- Legal Requirements: Where required by law, PieTix may share certain information with law enforcement, courts, or government agencies.
- Business Transfer: In the event of a sale, merger, or change in control, we may also share your personal data as part of that business transfer.
What choices do I have about my information?
As a user of PieTix, you have some choices related to the use of your information. Any requests related to your information should be directed to [email protected].
- You have the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing communication. You may do so at any time by submitting a request to [email protected].
- You have the ability to see the data you have provided to PieTix. You can do so at any time by logging into your account.
Upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing information that we have collected from you. Individuals within the European Union or European Economic Area are entitled to additional choices as a result of the data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation, more commonly referred to as "GDPR". The following are those additional choices.
- Access and Export: As stated above, you have access to view your data at any time by logging into your account. You may also request a machine readable format export of your data by contacting [email protected].
- Limit Use: You can request that we limit the use of your data by contacting [email protected].
- Rectification: If you find inaccuracies in your information, you have the ability to request that those inaccuracies be corrected by submitting a request to [email protected].
- Removal: You can request that your data be removed from the PieTix system by contacting [email protected]. For legal, accounting, and safety reasons, some data may not be able to be immediately removed or anonymized. For example, to comply with anti-money laundering laws, we may be required to maintain personal information tied to financial transactions. Such data may only be able to be removed after a minimum required data retention period.
For Residents of California - California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. You have the right to request that PieTix disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You can make this request by emailing [email protected]. Your request will be responded to within 45 days. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. For more information please contact us at [email protected].
Privacy Shield Notice
PieTix participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. PieTix is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. PieTix is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. PieTix complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, PieTix is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, PieTix may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.